The idea came into being on 11-11-11 during a dinner meeting of a few like-minded and passionate MCCians. A get together with some jolly chit chat which began at 6:30 pm became a serious brainstorming session and ended at 11pm. And MCCIANS was formed.
The next three months were spent discussing with other alumni, corresponding/chatting with NRIs, more brainstorming with folks across batches and several more meetings among the founder members. Having collated the feedback - needs, wants, expectations and aspirations of alumni - the Objectives and Memorandum of Articles was drawn and ratified by the Executive Committee.
On March 13th, the Society was formally Registered under the TN Societies Registration Act with a SL. No 72 OF 2012.
A General Body Meeting of the Members of the Society was held on 14th April 2012 after due notice and it was Resolved to accept membership applications from the Alumni.
Objects & Activities
- Establish Contact with alumnus and/or Faculty of the Madras Christian College worldwide to build a network of like-minded MCCIANS
- Participate in activities to contribute to the local environment by comprehensive environmental activities rooted in the local area
- Support sustainability actions such as Renewable and Clean energy, Conservation, green economy and careers, NGO networking and events.
- Mentor freshers and prepare them for placement and career-counseling
- To encourage learning and sharing among its members, especially drawing upon the gifts from their professional practices and experiences
- Conduct shows and events to bring out/showcase the talent among the members
- Get involved in social service activities that relate to the fellowship of MCCIANS
- Organise and conduct medical camps, blood donation camps with the help of the Network created
- Encourage members to donate blood and also take a pledge to donate their eyes
- The Committee along with the members will strive to take part in the activities of the Society in accordance with the interest of the Society